Did you know that the TeamstersCare Notice of Privacy Practices describes your rights regarding your protected health information?
April 2018 Newsletter: Ergonomics
5 Minute Posture Moment
Good posture is about more than standing up straight. Maintaining proper posture can prevent pain, injuries, and other health problems. Whether you work at a desk or you’re on your feet for hours, here are a few quick tips for improving your posture:
- Start Stretching – Gently stretch your muscles throughout the day to relieve tension.
- Hit the Floor – While in your chair, make sure your feet touch the floor so that your hips and feet create a 90 degree angle.
- Stay Relaxed – Relax your shoulders, make sure they are not rounded or pulled backwards.
- Get Support – Use a back pillow to support your lower back’s curve. This will help you sit straight.
- Keep Moving – Take quick walks around the office when you can. If you don’t need a computer for a meeting, walk and talk with your co-worker.