Did you know that a Davis Vision provider can provide you with an eye exam and glasses at no cost to you?
March Newsletter: Make Healthy Food a Habit
Many people choose to make changes to their diet at the beginning of the year as a New Year’s resolution. It can be hard to make healthy changes and even more challenging to stick with them throughout the year.
Below are some strategies that can help increase your chances of turning those nutritional changes into habits and a part of your daily life.
- Instead of completely changing your diet, try adding in healthy foods and reducing unhealthy foods gradually
- Keep thinking about the positive effects that proper nutrition will have on your life
- Set up your environment for success by throwing out anything unhealthy and stocking up on healthy foods
- Invite friends and family members to eat healthy with you or join a support group to keep you accountable
- Record what you eat in a daily food journal so you can see your progress
Studies show that if you are able to maintain a change in your behavior for 6 – 8 weeks, then you are more likely to be able to continue your efforts long term. Remember change is always possible, regardless of your current age, weight, or fitness level.
Find out more by downloading this month’s newsletter, which includes a Fruit & Veggie Challenge.