Once every year, you and your spouse are eligible to receive a comprehensive hearing test at our Charlestown Audiology Office.
All routine hearing examinations, diagnostic evaluations and middle ear analyses are provided at no cost to you. Services include:
- Ear examinations
- Diagnostic hearing evaluations
- Middle ear analysis
- Recommendation and referral to an approved TeamstersCare vendor for the purchase of a hearing aid
Hearing Aid Discount
Under the Retiree Prescription Drug Program, hearing aids are not a covered benefit. However, you and your spouse (age 65 and older) are eligible for significant discounts on the purchase of a medically-necessary hearing aid. To obtain this discount:
- Schedule a hearing evaluation at the Charlestown Appointment Desk.
- If the Audiology Director recommends hearing aids, you will receive a copy of your hearing test and a list of preferred vendors.
- You will receive a voucher which entitles you to a 15-20% discount on your hearing aid purchase.
To schedule an appointment for a hearing exam, contact our Charlestown Appointment Desk.
Hearing Aid Service & Repair
If you bought your hearing aid from an outside vendor, you should return it to that vendor for service or repairs. The cost of the repair is not a covered benefit.
If you obtained your hearing aid through the TeamstersCare Audiology Office during a period when you were eligible for the TeamstersCare hearing aid benefit, we will cover necessary repairs of your hearing aid for up to eight years after you receive it – provided you are enrolled in a TeamstersCare program at the time of the repair.