As an Early Retiree Member of the TeamstersCare plan, you and your family members may access your pharmacy benefits in one of the following ways:
Option #1: Walk-in Service
You and your dependents can get up to a 90-day supply of your prescription drugs at either the Charlestown or Stoughton TeamstersCare in-house pharmacies. The cost per prescription is $5 for generic and $15 for brand name medications (if no generic is available).
To fill a new prescription, you may walk in during pharmacy hours or have your doctor phone, fax or e-prescribe your medication.
To refill a prescription, you have three options:
- Phone: Call the Charlestown or Stoughton pharmacy and use the automated Telemanager to request a prescription refill.
- Online: Use our Prescription Refill order form.
- PocketRx App: Download the PocketRx app to refill your prescription on the go.
Note: Make sure you have your prescription available, as you’ll need the six-digit refill number.
Option #2: Mail-Order Service
Obtain up to a 90-day supply of your prescription drug through the Express Scripts mail order program. The cost per prescription is $5 for generic and $15 for brand name medications (if no generic is available).
To fill a mail-order prescription, mail in your prescription and copay along with the Prescription Order Form. This form is available by calling Express Scripts at (877) 543-7097 or by going to www.Express-scripts.com.
To refill a mail-order prescription, you may either:
- Log on to www.Express-scripts.com and click “Order Status.”
- Call the Express Scripts automated phone service at 1-877-543-7097.
- Mail a Refill Request Form, along with a refill slip or prescription label, to Express Scripts.
Option #3: Retail Pharmacy
You may obtain the lesser of a 30-day or 100-unit supply of your prescription drug through a retail pharmacy in the Express Scripts TeamstersCare network according to the following cost schedule:
- Generic medication: $15 + 20% of the remaining cost
- Brand name medication (no generic available): $25 + 20% of the remaining cost
- Brand name medication (generic available): $25 + 20% of the remaining cost + cost difference between the brand name and generic
Note that Walgreens, Walmart and Sams Club are not in the Express Scripts TeamstersCare retail pharmacy network.
If you choose to use an out-of-network pharmacy, you will be responsible for paying the full cost of the prescription (including the copay) and submitting a claim to Express Scripts for reimbursement. You will receive a check based on the network rates for the drug, less the amount of your copay.
If you have a prescription for a specialty medication (certain high-cost drugs which treat complex conditions), you must fill your prescription through either of our in-house TeamstersCare pharmacies (walk-in service) or through Accredo, the Express Scripts Specialty Pharmacy (mail-order only). The copayment per prescription is $15 for up to a 30-day supply.
For more information on your pharmacy coverage, including a list of medications that are not covered by your plan, see your Early Retiree Medical Program Summary Plan Description.