Did you know that TeamstersCare provides its members and their families with many routine dental services at no cost or a small copay at its three dental offices in Chelmsford, Stoughton and Charlestown?
The COVID-19 Emergencies are ending – What does this means for TeamstersCare members?
The two emergency declarations related to the COVID-19 pandemic are ending.
Here is a summary of how this could affect you and your family.
Public Health Emergency (PHE) – Mandates for zero dollar cost sharing will end on May 11, 2023;
affects members and retirees with TeamstersCare medical and/or pharmacy coverage:
- COVID-19 vaccine will continue to be covered at no cost to you, but you must visit an in-network provider or pharmacy
- COVID-19 diagnostic testing & services will continue to be covered at no cost to you
- OTC test kits will be available for purchase ($15 copay for 4 kits) at TeamstersCare pharmacies, as well as through mail-order and in-network retail pharmacies
- COVID-19 treatments, such as Paxlovid and Lagevrio, will be continue to be covered at no cost to you until the federal supply is exhausted
COVID-19 National Emergency – ended on Monday, April 10, 2023:
- COVID-19 Outbreak Period ends 60 days after the end of the national emergency
- Outbreak period is relevant to extended deadlines, which will return to pre-pandemic timelines
– COBRA elections and premiums (60 days for COBRA election and 30-day grace period for payments)
– Buy-up and retiree contribution payments (30 days)
– Claims and appeals (12 months)
– Disability claim filing (90 days)
TeamstersCare remains committed to supporting our members. If you have questions about the end of the COVID emergencies, please call TeamstersCare Member Services at (617) 241-9220 ext. 2.